Sunday, February 7, 2010

Liberty























The Liberty department store (est. 1987) in London (on Regent street) is a must see for textilophiles! I’ve never seen such a selection of fine carpets – but the main thing I go there for are the bright patterned cottons that are probably the only things in the store that I would consider reasonably priced. Last time we were there we managed to stealthily snap a few pictures of the textile section. My favorite selections of cottons are from the Art Collection – each season a series of prints from different artists are launched. This seasons prints are from Turner Prize winner Grayson Perry, Paul Morrison, Mike McInnerney, Michael Angove, Anj Smith, and Simon Hart.
I’ve included here a picture of three pieces I’ve made from Liberty cottons – which only get softer the longer I have them (I also have placemats to match one of the skirts shown here because when you sew – that’s just the sort of thing that happens).



No comments:

Post a Comment