Thursday, February 18, 2010

I MADE SOMETHING WEARABLE!


That's right, people. I made something - no, TWO THINGS - Tamara won't have to rip apart and fix for me. They may even manage to keep me clothed, as per Canadian law, in public. I may even leave the house looking presentable, no thanks to the clearance rack in the juniors section of Sears.

First, a dress I have been working on for ages, and which still requires a few nips and stitches, a clasp to keep my cups from runnething over (not usually a problem, but I'm approaching 30 and These Things Happen, according to my doctor), and possibly a corset:


And then, a full skirt to stand in for the one I can't afford/can't bear to invest in at Club Monaco. It looks almost pleated in the picture, but it's an optical illusion (c'est magique!) created by sets of 3 vertical black pinstripes, placed a few inches apart. I used gingham ribbon for the waistband, a side zip (sewn properly, the first time!) and I can't wait to wear it FAR too early in the season, perhaps tomorrow:


No comments:

Post a Comment